Isabel F de Szinay Memorial Dressage Show: Saturday

Had an easy start to the day on Saturday. Woke up around 6am, and we were on the road to the show grounds by 6:30. Trainer was the first ride of the day at a little bit after 9.


It was a pretty dreary morning since the rain had stuck around from Friday. It drizzled on and off, but the clouds finally departed by the time I had to get myself ready. As we were schooling the night before, I noticed that my old and worn out show gloves were ripping and shedding onto Roman's half pad. Since I 100% did not want to walk into the ring with flakes of faux leather dotting my tack, I grabbed a pair of Heritage gloves from the VTO Saddlery that was on site. Bless vendors.

My ride wasn't until 1:21p, so we grabbed lunch at an Italian joint beforehand. Guys, they had tuna bruschetta. I haven't had tuna bruschetta in forever. I nearly sobbed.


After eating my weight in bread and tomatoes, we went back to Commonwealth, I changed and tacked up while trainer braided. Then it was off to school, which went just fine, and then we were ready to head into the ring.


Not gonna lie, I was definitely mortified heading in. I remembered my whole test (miraculously), but after the right lead canter, I was super worried that I had forgotten something. You ever tried to pull yourself together between H and C? Doesn't take a genius to see that the test wasn't perfect. I was tipped forward, didn't have myself or the horse together, like, at all. No bend, no softness, and that stretch? Lol, embarrassing.


But I genuinely couldn't have been happier after the final salute. I did it. I freaking did it. My first Dressage test that I learned two days earlier on my lunch break. I honestly wasn't expecting much in terms of scores or placings, but lo and behold, a 62%! And third place! Go Roro!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Kids Are Alright: Interview with Jill Treece

Unspoken Rules of the Hunter Ring